Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Vintage Valentine Swap


These are the Vintage Valentine ATC's I did for the swap on FiberArtTraders. These were fun and very quick to do. I stitched the words on wire edged ribbon using my wonderful Elna Quilters Dream Pro. (Can you tell I am in love with my machine?) I first ironed the ribbon onto freezer paper to stablize it. I have tried stitching onto ribbon without first stablizing and had a mess. And, frankly, freezer paper is cheaper than solvy or tear-away and works almost as good. If you don't need to worry about picking all the little bits out of the back, then this is a perfect alternative.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. What you said was just what I was aiming for so thank you for reassuring me. I love the cards you have made. I think you sent me QA not so long ago? Nice to meet you again in another way!