Thursday, March 01, 2007

No Strain Cutting Table


This is what my husband did for me so that my back would quit hurting everytime I cut material.

This is 1.5" PVC pipe cut to a 15" length and slipped over the legs of a fold-up banquet table.

We determined the length of the pipes by measuring from the table top to my bent elbow above the table then added the length of the table leg that slipped into the pipe. Our first length was 18" and we cut it back to 15" once the pipes were put under the table. The table is about 2" below my waist. This height is recommended by ergonomic standards.

My lower back no longer hurts when working for extended periods of time.

2 comments:

CROQ Zine said...

Great idea - thanks for the tip!! Nice to meet you! :)

-Heather

Debra Dixon said...

Back in the dark ages when I taught home ec, we had to put leg extensions under the legs of the sewing machine cabinets so the guys could get their long legs under to sew!