Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hulkette and Hulk Jr.

This is currently my favorite picture and is the wallpaper on my computer so that I can look at it several times a day. It represents my kids, 15 & 9, getting along. No bickering or tantrums or accusations all weekend. It was soooo nice! Now that I know a trip to the mountains and physical exercise are the keys to family harmony, I will be volunteering them more often to rake pine needles,

and to shove piles of pine needles into bigger piles.

We went with our church to the camp clean up day at Jenness Park up in the Sierra mountains. It is beautiful and serene and uplifting there. Our kids go to camp in the summer there and every year the camp hosts a clean up day. The camp feeds us Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch in exchange for us raking pine needles from around the cabins and public areas of the camp for fire breaks.

Oh, and we also get to have mid-morning snack with camp staff. :)

The two on the outside are the daughters of our youth leaders and they did their fair share of raking and earned their snack with the daughter of a staffer.

No comments: