Monday, March 17, 2008

Another One Done!

This quilt is a Thirteen Flavor Nine-Patch. It was a class I took in April '02' through the guild I belonged to then. It was taught by Carroll Griffiths. The theory of this quilt is to use 2 colors in 6 shades from light to dark and one background to make the thirteenth fabric. I had a hard time deciding what color scheme I wanted to use until I found the border fabric which is red and purple raspberries. I really enjoyed piecing this quilt. It looks very fussy to work with but you strip piece the nine patches and it goes very quickly.

Once the top was done it was put away as I have been struggling getting over my fear of machine quilting. Well, I have conquered that by quilting on scraps or donation quilts to learn and get better before I started quilting on the tops I want to keep or give as gifts. This quilting was a freemotion design that I played with on paper before I started on the quilt. And I quilted a donation quilt with a meander with flowers and leaves scattered about. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that quilting. On this one, I started in the middle and worked my way out and around each row until I reached the outer edge. I really like how it turned out.
Thank you for stopping by. Take care and God bless, Cory

5 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

That is incredible! What talent you have!!! I just packed away in my cedar chest 3 treasured quilts. Two handmade by my grandmother and one by my husband's mother. Quilts were a traditional gift that my grandmothers gave each of her grandchildren when they graduated. I was blessed and recieved two. Since both grandmothers are in heaven....the quilts are a priceless treasure. But I do enjoy them as well. Why have something you can't enjoy and love.

Mary Johnson said...

How pretty. It is hard to get over your fear and machine quilt - but you did great! The practice paid off.

Dana said...

Positively stunning!

Handmade With Love said...

Thanks for sharing CJ.

You have won the drawing for the FREE issue to Ruby ezine. Remember that our first issue goes online in just a few days.

Please email me at hand.made.with.love@hotmail.com so that I can get your email info for the subscription.

There has been more content added to the Ruby blog so you might want to check that out again at http://magazineruby.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

CONGRATULATIONS on your win!
In and Because of HIM,
Susan
Devotions Editor for Ruby

Dawn said...

Beautiful quilt, very weel done, love your color choice,
Blessings Dawn x